210 875 total views
Today I am here with one of my favorites,Turkish Baked Lamb Leg. Who doesn’t love Turkey? And I love to enjoy this Turkish recipe with baked potatoes and saute veggies even more. I can give you in writing that this baked lamb leg is going to take your next Sunday roast to a whole new level! It’s ULTRA EASY and very forgiving. It does take patience, but you’ll be rewarded with tender lamb leg that can be pulled off the bone with a pinky.
Lets begin 🙂
Preparation Time: 10 min
Baking Time: 2 hrs
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Turkish Baked Lamb Leg Recipe
1. Lamb Leg – 2 kg
2. Salt (namak) – 2 tsp
3. Paprika – 1 tsp
4. Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
5. Oregano – 1/2 tsp
6. Rosemary – 1/2 tsp
7. Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
8. Lemon Juice – 4 tbsp
9. Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
10. Garlic – 1 whole
11. Potatoes – 4, 5
12. Onion – 1
13. Capsicum – 1
14. Tomato – 1
1. First we will marinade the lamb. For this we will dip the meat in water-vinegar mix for an hour. The acetic acid in the vinegar breaks down meat fibers, making them more tender and flavorful and removes smell.
7. Now insert slices of garlic cloves in to the holes.
8. The real excitement begins now, transfer the lamb into a baking dish. Pour remaining oil and juice over it.
9. Place halved potatoes around the lamb. The juice spices and lemon will give your baked potatoes a great taste.
10. Sprinkle the remaining spice mix over the potatoes.
11. Cover the dish with aluminum foil to ensure steam remains inside.
13. 10 minutes before we take out the lamb and potatoes out of the oven, we will saute the veggies. This will make them crunchy and fresh looking on the table. For this put butter in a frying pan.
14. Add garlic, make it light brown. Then add capsicum, onion. Stir fry for 10 seconds, and then salt and paprika powder.
15. Now add tomatoes and onion, and stir fry for another 30 seconds.
16. Lamb is now ready to take out from the oven:
17. Unwrap the aluminum foil, and sprinkle saute veggies over and around the lamb leg.
Your lamb leg, baked potatoes and yummy veggies are ready to rock. To be honest, I love to serve this leg of lamb and potatoes on a large platter, family-style. It may seem odd, but a bed Arabic rice (which you can make while the lamb is cooking) really brings this festive meal together.
If want to see video of this special recipe, then here is a link from my YouTube channel:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: