210 324 total views
Homemade tomato purée is a cooking essential you might be missing. Simpler and a bit thinner than its flavorful cousin ketchup, tomato purée is a fast way to quickly prepare and freeze fresh tomatoes for future cooking. Tomato purée can be turned into tomato sauce or tomato soup. It can be used to cook rice or your daily routine curries.
Make this super friendly homemade tomato puree and refrigerate or freeze it. It is very easy to make it at home. All you need are some fresh tomatoes. In fact you can use any type of tomatoes but make sure they are ripe.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 45 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Homemade Tomato Puree Recipe
1. Fresh Tomatoes (Tamater) – 1 kg sliced
2. Lemon Juice (Limu) – 2 tbsp
1. Gather your supplies. You will need ripe and red tomatoes, one lemon, a knife, a pot or deep saucepan, and a blender.
2. Wash the tomatoes. Rinse under running water to remove any dirt. You can peel the tomatoes if you want, but it’s not necessary.
3. Chop the tomatoes into large chunks. It doesn’t matter if they’re chopped evenly, as they’ll be blended into a liquid.
4. Place the chopped tomatoes in your pot or saucepan with water, cover and cook for 5 mins.
5. After 5 mins, the tomatoes will break down and you’ll be left with a chunky sauce.
6. If you are using hand blender, blend hot in a same pot but if your are using jug blender or food processor remove the tomatoes from the heat and let them cool for about 10 minutes. Then blend the tomatoes.
7. Strain the sauce to remove any seeds and leftover skin. The final product should be thin and smooth.
8. Take another pan, and pour the thin liquid into it. Simmer for 20 mins.
9. Stir frequently.
10. After 20 mins add lemon juice and cook for another 8 mins.
11. You can play around with heat until you’re happy with the consistency.
12. Switch of the flame and let it cool.
Bonus Tips to Store for a Long Period
13. You can use fresh tomato purée right away, or you can freeze it for long-term storage.
14. Feel free to use your favorite freezer-friendly storage method, but I prefer
to pour the puree in ice cubes tray, and when they are frozen take out the cubes and place them in a zip lock bag.
15. When needed take as many cubes as required.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: