210 367 total views
With Steamed chicken drumsticks on your table, the menu becomes balanced and elaborate at the same time. It works well with both rice and chapati/naan. Leftover drumsticks are great addition to the breakfast with parathas and eggs. It is flavorful, delicious and looks great on the table. This dish is quick to make and uses a variety of exotic Indian Pakistani spices.
Steamed chicken drumsticks is a dish which is not just a special meal but can always be used as a snack for guests. Quickly made, this is favorite of kids and elders alike.
This traditional chicken steam recipe is a must for upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr menu.
Below first I jot down all ingredients you will need for the recipe. After the ingredients further below you will find the method of preparation.
Recipe Ingredients: (For long recipes, I always divide the ingredients into steps, so that you easily understand the requirements)
Ingredients & Method for Steamed Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
(For long recipes, I always divide the ingredients into steps. This way, you will easily understand the requirements)
Chicken Drumsticks (or any other piece) – 1 kg
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Green Chili Paste – 2 tbsp
Yogur – 3 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Salt – 2 tsp
Chili Flakes – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Paprika Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Fenugreek Leaves – 1 tsp
Milk Cream – 2 tbsp
Coal for taste
Method: (names of all spices are written above)
1.Chicken Marination. I am using the drumsticks, you may use any cut of the chicken. Also, I prefer chicken piece with bones as it is more flavorful.
2. Make cuts on the chicken drumsticks, three cuts on both sides.
3. Now take a mixing bowl, add drumsticks.
4. Add yogurt, I am using Greek Yogurt, you may use any thick yogurt. Home made yogurt also works great.
5. Now add lemon juice, vinegar and ginger-garlic paste.
6.Now, add all the spices (Salt, Chili Flakes, Black Pepper Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Paprika Powder and Red Chili Powder).
7. Mix well, it is better to use hands instead of spoon as it will be easy for you to reach masala till inside of the drumsticks.
8. Leave for at least 4 hours for marination to take effect.
Steam for 30 Minutes:
8. After 4 hours, take a pan and add one tbsp of oil (you may use butter or olive oil, if you prefer).
9. Steam the drumsticks for 30 mins, change the sides of the chicken piece once in between.
10. When the chicken is cooked and the color looks nice golden, add Fenugreek Leaves and Milk Cream.
11. Now steam for another 10 mins on low fire.
12. Your Steamed chicken drumsticks is now ready. You can serve it as such. If you want to give smoky taste, you may add smoking coal and cover for 2 more mins.
13. Enjoy with rice, chapati, nan or even bread.
See video of the recipe for your understanding, then here is the link.
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: