210 149 total views
This spicy shimla mirch qeema (minced beef with capsicum) is a traditional Pakistani dish especially enjoyed on weekends with chapati or hot naans.
It is an easy recipe to make and requires only a few basic ingredients which are easily available at home. You can also pair this spicy minced beef capsicum with white rice, it would be even more flavorful.
Preparation Time: 45 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
Qeema Shimla Mirch is a well known dish in Pakistani and Indian home cooking. We make mince meat with many variations. Lets begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Shimla Mirch Qeema Recipe
1. Beef Qeema – 300 grams
2. Green Capsicum – 1,2
3. Onion (Piyaz) – 1 medium
4. Garlic (Lahsan) – 1 full
5. Ginger (Adrak) – 1 1-inch piece
6. Salt (Namak) – 1 tsp
7. Coriander Powder (Dhania ) – 1 tsp
8. Cumin Powder (Zeera) – 1 tsp
9. Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
10. Red Chili Flakes (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
11. Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
12. Black Cardamom (Barhi Illaechi) – 1
13. Black Pepper whole (Kali Mirch) – 10-12
14. Clove (Laung) – 3,4
15. Bay Leaves (Tez Pat) – 2,3
16. Cumin whole (Zeera) – 1 tsp
17. Garam Masala – 1 tsp
18. Green Chili (Hari Mirchen) – 2,3
19. Green Coriander – as required
20. Oil (Tael) – 1 tsp
To make Shimla Mirch Qeema, you will need some basic ingredients which are easily available at home:
1. In a pan add oil and your whole dry spices fry for 30 sec.
2. Add the sliced onions. Saute the onions till pale and translucent (do not let them brown). 3. Now add mince meat and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till all the water of qeema is dried (This step is very imp to dry all the water from qeema). It will help to remove smell. 4. Add all the ground spices, mix well.
5. Now add half cup of water and cover your pan for 10 mins. 6. Now add yogurt and tomato puree fry till oil is separate and everything is mixed very well. Qeema is perfectly done now.
Adding Capsicum and Garnish:
7. Add capsicum, mix together with mince meat, and cover for 5 mins, let it simmer on low fire.
8. Don’t over cook the capsicum as little bit crunchy will taste and look better.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander and green chili. 10. Enjoy with hot chapati, chutney and salad
Bonus Tips for Shimla Mirch Qeema
1. Serve shimla mirch qeema with hot naans or chapati and raita. Trust me it tastes heavenly.
2. Leftover shimla mirch qeema can always be used in sandwiches or even better roll it in a paratha. Kids will love it! Thank me later 🙂
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: