210 740 total views
Shashlik is basically like a shish kebab, which translates to skewered meat and is a dish that was popular in central and South Asia. Shish were generally made using chunks of lamb, but chicken kebabs have become just as popular. This has a slight Chinese-style twist to the marinade with the use of soy. For this dish, it’s all about balancing the sweet, sour, salt and chili flavors.! Lets prepare our shashlik chicken sticks:
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Shashlik Chicken Sticks Recipe
1. Boneless Chicken – 1/2 KG
2. Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
3. Vinegar – 1 tbsp
4. Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
5. Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
6. Red Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp
7. Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
8. Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
9. Salt to taste
10. Oil for frying
1. Cut boneless chicken pieces in medium size cubes, put in a bowl for marination
2. Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Ginger Garlic Paste, Red Chili Powder and Flakes, Black Pepper, Garam Masala and Salt. Mix well
3. Leave the chicken marinated for one hour.
4. Assemble marinated chicken cubes with vegetables like capsicum, tomatoes and onions cube cuts.
5. Before putting stick on the pan, brush oil evenly on its surface. Little amount of oil is enough.
6. Line the assembled stick on the grill pan. Don’t they look gorgeous already!!?
7. Flip after 5 minutes or till both sides or golden in color and chicken is well cooked from inside.
8. Enjoy with your favorite sauce, fries and rice. A fuzzy drink will just add more taste!
Chicken Shashlik is one of my all time favorite dishes. It has a unique scrumptious taste, you must give it a try.
Small pieces of chicken should be used for best results, and remember the thumb rule: The greater the marination time, the better is the chicken’s juicy taste. And just ensure that when grill you keep the flame low and slowly keep turning the sticks. Just to ensure they are equally cooked.
I will wait for your comments 🙂
If you wish to see video of this special recipe, then here is a link from my YouTube channel:
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
I also blog on tourism and on general life events, you may like to watch:
Top Five Tourist Destinations in Pakistan – Paradise on Earth