210 303 total views
Strongly recommend that you turn your next dinner into a feast with the exotic Saudi Chicken Kabsa; the Arabian style dish made with chicken and rice. Trust me you won’t regret it. The spiced grilled chicken and flavorful rice make this the ultimate choice for any special occasion.
The dish is basically from Saudi Arabia. But, you can find different variations of this dish in the neighboring Arabian countries too.
To be honest, this was the first Arabic dish I ever made and it turned out extremely delicious, a new favorite. Serve it with a fresh mixed cucumber, carrot, lettuce, and tomato salad, preferably with a little lime or lemon. Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr
Difficulty Level: Medium
This famous Arabian dish needs a little of your skills to make, lets start:
Ingredients & Method for this Saudi Chicken Kabsa Recipe
1. Rice (Basmati Chawal) – 2 cups
2. Onion (Piyaz) – 1 medium (chopped)
3. Tomato (Tamatar) – 2 medium (chopped)
4. Black Cardamom (Barhi Illaechi) – 2
5. Bay Leaf (Tez Pat) – 4,5
6. Black Pepper Whole (Kali Mirch) – 10-12
7. Lemon dried (Kushk Limu) – 2
8. Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1 tsp
9. Garam Masala – 1 tsp
10. Cinnamon Powder (Dar Cheeni) – 1/2 tsp
11. Salt (Namak)- 1 tsp
12. Chicken Cube – 1
13. Capsicum (Shimla Mirch) – 1 small bowl (chopped)
14. Green Chili (Sabz Mirch) – 3, 4
1. Salt (Namak) – 1 tsp
2. Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
3. Red Chili Flakes (Kutti Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
4. Paprika Powder (Kashmiri Powder) – 1 tsp
5. Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1tsp Crushed
6. Oil (Tael) – 1 tbsp
1. Carrot – 1 sliced
2. Raisin – 2 tbsp
3. Desi Ghee – 1tbsp
4. Some dry fruits
Preparation of Stock, Rice Masala
1. First we prepare chicken stock. For this put water in a pot and add carrot, onion, garlic, cloves and salt.
2. Add chicken pieces into the water. After 2 to 3 boils switch of the flame. The chicken pieces are now 70% done.
3. To prepare rice masala, take another pot and add oil and saute onion till light golden. Then add whole spices (black cardamom, bay leaf, black pepper whole and lemon dried). Fry for 1 min.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and green chili. Fry till all water is dried and tomatoes are cooked.
5. Now, add all powdered spices (turmeric powder, garam masala and cinnamon powder), salt and chicken cube. Fry spices for 1 min, add splash of water, if needed. 6. Add capsicum and mix well. 7. Remove chicken pieces from stock let it cool them for some time.
8. Now, mix all spices (salt, red chili powder, red chili flakes, paprika powder black pepper and oil) for chicken marination.
9. Apply the chicken marination mixture using brush or I recommend rub with your hands. 10. In a pan or grill brush some oil and grill chicken pieces for 6 to 7 mins. 11. While chicken is grilling, add the stock in rice masala we prepared above. When it starts boiling add rice.
Now lets make rice and chicken dazzle together
12. When water is dried from rice, they are 90% done. Meanwhile the chicken pieces are also grilled.
13. Now place chicken pieces on top of the 90% done rice. And place a small hot burning coal and cover the pot.
14. Steam on low fire for 15 mins.
15. While rice are on steam prepare garnish.
16. In a pan add 1 tbsp of butter or ghee roast some sliced carrots, almonds and raisins.
17. After 15 mins, remove the lid squeeze lemon on rice and chicken.
18. Take a big serving dish add rice and then place chicken pieces on top and garnish with toasted almonds, carrots and raisins.
19. Your very own a mouth-watering aromatic Arabic dish is ready to serve and enjoy.
Bonus Tips for Saudi Chicken Kabsa
1. Serve it with a fresh mixed cucumber, carrot, lettuce, and tomato salad, preferably with a little lime or lemon.
2. Change your taste away from typically biryani or pulao, try this and serve with either plain yogurt or a yogurt cucumber salad.
3. To plate the dish, spoon the rice in a large tray or serving dish, removing the whole spices as you go. Then add the grilled chicken on top. Then garnish with the toasted almonds, carrots and raisins.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: