210 2,429 total views
Happy moments are incomplete with a sweet dish and if there is one undisputed king of desserts in India and Pakistan that is the Rice Kheer or the rice pudding made with condensed milk.
The rich creamy consistency and sweet dreamy taste make it the go-to dish for any special occasion.
There are many ways to make this dish. Certainly, a few types of kheer can be made in minutes as well. But not the one which I brought for your today. This is the one which requires patience and a bit of technique too. But I guarantee once ready the wait is worth the fruit. The proof will be in the pudding. Literally 🙂
This one is loved by everyone, and as Eid is just around the corner I thought it almost an obligation to share this recipe with you!
Preparation Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
Rice Kheer Recipe or Khoe Wali Kheer is a special treat for Eid-ul-Fitr. A bit of patience and a bit of trick is required to make it perfect! So lets start begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Rice Kheer or Khoe Wali Kheer Recipe
Milk (whole cream, pref) – 1 liter
Rice – 2 tbsp
Green ilaechi – 4, 5
Homemade condensed Milk – 1/2 cup, OR
Sugar – 1/2 cup (as per your taste)
Almonds – 10, 12
1. In a pot, put 1 liter of milk and boil.
2. Add green ilaechi.
3. Boil it further for 10 mins.
4. Now add rice. This recipe needs time and patience. Keep on cooking for 30 mins.
5. After 30 mins, the milk rice mix will start changing color and thickness. 6. Cook for 30 min again and then add condensed milk, which will make kheer thin. Cook for 10 min
7. After 10 min, boils will come in and that means that it’s done.
8. Turn off the stove.
9. Since it should be served cold, put in the refrigerator after 30 mins of cooking. Will get a bit of more thickness to make it exactly the way it should be.
Enjoy Rice Kheer | Chawal Ki Kheer
1. Your very own special rice kheer is ready. Its thickness and color will tell stories of your expert cooking. Loved ones will be impressed for sure 🙂
2. If saved for few days in refrigerator, this kheer made with my recipe will not get over thick in refrigerator. Enjoy it for a couple of days as traditional Indian Pakistani dessert.
Want to see video of the recipe for your understanding, then here is the link:
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: