210 1,027 total views
Chicken Karahi is undoubtedly one of the most popular Pakistan Indian curries. Its a restaurant-style recipe that is prepared quickly with exotic subcontinental spices. The dish originates in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (formerly Northwest Frontier) province of Pakistan, which makes sense given the cuisine’s heavy use of meat and different spices.
Chicken karahi’s distinguishing features are its rich, tomato base and a fragrant finishing of fresh green chili, coriander and ginger. My recipe explains how to make this flavor-packed and authentic tasting chicken curry in very less time. You can find it in most restaurant menus. Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
The following is a basic outline of what we do to make a real, authentic Chicken Karahi. Don’t worry, there’s more detailed instructions, pictures and exact quantities below. Lets begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Restaurant Style Chicken Karahi Recipe
1. Chicken – 500 gram
2. Oil (Tael) – 1/4 cup
3. Tomatoes (Tamatar) – 4-5
4. Yogurt (Dahi) – 1/2 cup
5. Ginger garlic paste (Adrak Lahsan) – 3 tbsp
6. Coriander Powder (Dhania) – 1 tsp
7. Cumin (Zeera) – 1 tsp
8. Red chili Powder(Lal Mirch) – 1tsp
9. Paprika Powder (Kashmiri Mirch) – 1 tsp
10. Chili Flakes (Dhara Mirch) – 1 tsp
11. Homemade Chat Masala – 1 tsp
12. Crushed black pepper (Kuti Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
13. Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
14. Coriander and Cumin (Dhania aur Zeera) – 2 tbsp (dry roasted & crushed not powdered)
15. Salt (Namak) – 2 tsp
Fresh Coriander (Sabz Dhania)
Fenugreek (Qasuri Methi)
1. In a pan, heat oil on high flame. Add salt.
2. Now add chicken.
3. Fry the chicken till it changes its color. 4. Now add pealed and sliced tomatoes and cook on high flame till water is reduced to half. 5. Now add spices, mix well and cook for 5 mins, till tomatoes are mashed and oil starts separating. 6. Now add yogurt, and green chili. Mix well and cook for 12 to 15 mins till water is dried and oil is separated. 7. Chicken karahi is cooked.
8. Squeeze one lemon on top.
9. Now garnish with green chili, ginger, fresh coriander and qasuri methi.
Bonus Tips for Chicken Karahi
1. Often, the roadside dhaba’s will have this spicy, home-style curry on the menu which is often enjoyed with hot naan or roti right from the tandoor.
2. Serve chicken karahi with roti, parathas, or naan, fresh salad and raita.
3. For a gluten-free meal, serve with zeera rice, basmati rice, or with brown rice.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: