210 347 total views
This Muradabadi Chicken Biryani recipe originated from the palaces of the Nawabs of Lucknow! Known for its typical mouth watering rich chicken spices & taste!
Biryani versus Pulao, its a never ending debate in every household of the subcontinent. No one is ready to listen to the views of the other side, no matter what 🙂
This is always true but not till the time when Muradabadi Chicken Biryani enters the scene!
This recipe is simply loved by all! Regardless of whether one is Pulao fan or Biryani supporter, Muradabadi is everyone’s favorite.
Preparation Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
This biryani dish is perfect for special occasions, as well as when you want to treat your loved ones with a special meal.
Muradabadi Chicken Biryani is super easy to make and is made with light spices. This also makes it a favorite dish for kids and for the those who prefer lighter spices. So lets start begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Muradabadi Chicken Biryani or Pulao Recipe
Chicken with bones – 1 kg
Green chili roughly paste – 1/2 small bowl
Tomato (Tamatar) – 2 sliced
Indian bay leaves (Tez Pat) – 3,4
Black Cardamom (Kali illaechi) – 3
Green Cardamom (Sabz illaechi) – 5
Cinnamon sticks (Dar cheeni) – 3,4
Cumin Whole (Zeera) – 1 tsp
Coriander powder (Dhania) – 1 tsp
Fennel powder (Saunf) – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Cloves (Laung) – 7,8
Salt (Namak) – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Whole (Kali Mirch) – 10,12
Yogurt – 1 small bowl
Jaifel and Jawatri – 1 small piece each
Oil – 1/2 cup
Onion (piyaz) – 2 sliced
Rice – 3 glass
Water – 4 glass
Salt, if needed
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
Yellow food color
First, we will marinade the chicken and leave it for 30 mins:
1. In a mixing bowl take chicken piece.
2. Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste and green chili paste and sliced tomatoes.
3. Mix well so that the chicken is coated fully.
4. Now add spices (Indian bay leaves, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Cinnamon sticks, Cumin Whole, Coriander powder, Fennel powder, Garam masala powder, Cloves, Salt, Black Pepper Whole and Jaifel and Jawatri)
5. Mix well again and leave it for 30 mins to marination to take effect.
1. In a pot, add cooking oil and add sliced onion. Fry till golden brown.
2. Now add marinated chicken.
3. Cook for 10 minutes till the time the chicken is cooked and yogurt/ tomato water is dried and the oil is separated.
4. Now add water. And boil it.
5. At this stage check if salt is to your taste. Add accordingly.
6. Now add rice. Cover the pot.
7. Cook for 10 mins on medium fire.
8. After 10 min, now remove the cover and sprinkle garnish (Coriander leaves, Green Chili, Garam Masala Powder, Fennel powder and Yellow food color).
9. Now cover the pot with a cloth and put the lid on.
10. Place your pot on a tawa, with low fire for 15 mins.
11. Open the dum. Your own Muradabadi Biryani or Pulao is ready.
12. Serve with chutney, salad and raita.
Enjoy Muradabadi Chicken Biryani
1. Serve this traditional subcontinental dish with fresh salad, yogurt raita and a variety of chutneys.
2. The dish is perfectly suited to those who do not enjoy a high level of spices but still want to enjoy the taste of biryani. True also for kids.
Want to see video of the recipe for your understanding, then here is the link:
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: