210 393 total views
This vegetarian side dish celebrates the use of fresh and flavorful ingredients with each bite delivering a burst of flavor. My one-pot recipe for Moroccan Vegetable Couscous is delicious on its own or makes a flavorful side dish for steam chicken or a nice juicy steak! What best is that this is one of the fastest, easiest side dish recipes! Plus it has a delicious bright flavor that pairs well with just about any main dish, it’s incredibly versatile too.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Servings: 3, 4
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Moroccan Vegetable Couscous Recipe
1. Instant couscous – 1 cup
2. Olive oil – 2 tbsp
3. Onion – 1 medium, chopped
4. Red bell pepper – 1 chopped
5. Carrot – 1 chopped into cubes
6. Cloves garlic – 4 cloves, minced
7. Salt & pepper – to taste
8. Paprika Powder – 1 tsp
9. Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
10. Cumin – 1/2 ground
11. Frozen beans – 4 tbsp
12. Chickpeas – 4 tbsp
13. Black Olives – 10-12
14. Raisins – 2 tbsp
15. Almonds – 10-12
16 Corns – 2 tbsp
17. Fresh coriander leaves chopped
18. Boiled water – 1 cup
1. In a bowl add couscous, olive oil, paprika powder and salt.
2. Now add hot water and cover for 10 mins.
3. Allow couscous to absorb hot water until tender.Fluff it with a fork so it will not stick together.
4. Put fluffed couscous aside. Now lets prepare veggies. We will just saute for 30 seconds so it retains its color and crunchiness. For this put olive oil in a pan and fry onion till translucent.
5. Now add chopped garlic and fry till golden brown.
8. Now add fluffed couscous to the mix
9. Mix it for one minute and that’s it. 10. Take it out on a serving plate. And garnish with raisins, almonds , black olives, green coriander, and lemon.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad is full of bright fresh flavors with a crazy easy ingredients. It’s so fast! Couscous takes just about 5 minutes to make! While the couscous cooks and cools, get all of the veggies washed and chopped and the entire dish is ready in about 20 minute. You’ll love this Mediterranean couscous salad recipe, loaded with nutrition and flavor from chickpeas, veggies, fresh herbs and a zippy lemon vinaigrette
If want to see video of this special recipe, then here is a link from my YouTube channel:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: