210 290 total views
Mexican Fajita Rice is a tasty veggie Mexican style dish, which will have everyone coming back for seconds. This family dish will be a new favorite in your home. It is an easy recipe that tastes like smoky, chicken fajitas! Charred peppers and onions add all the flavor to this rice!
A great way to get vegetables into your diet and if you make them at home, they’re pretty healthy for you too. This special recipe is loaded with flavors.
Marination Time: 60 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 5 to 6
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Mexican Fajita Rice
Ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Chicken (Murghi) – 1/2 kilo breast
2. Rice (Chawal) – 2 cup
3. Water (Pani) – 4 cup
4. Chicken Cubes – 2
5. Red bell pepper – 1/2 sliced
6. Yellow bell pepper – 1/2 sliced
7. Green bell pepper – 1/2 sliced
8. Onion ( Piyaz) – 1 sliced
Fajita Spice Mix Ingredients
9. Red chili Powder (Lal mirch) – 2 tsp
10. Paprika Powder (Kashmiri mirch) – 2 tsp
11. Salt (Namak) – 2 tsp
12. Cumin Powder (Zeera) – 2 tsp
13. Garlic Powder (Lehsan) – 2 tsp
14. Black Pepper (Kali mirch) – 1 tsp
15. Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for Chicken Marination
16. Lemon Juice (Limu) – 4 tbsp
17. Cooking Oil (Tail) – 2 tbsp for chicken marination + 1 tbsp for rice
Method Mexican Fajita Rice
First lets marinate the chicken:
1. Start with cutting the chicken in to medium size strips.
2. Prepare fajita spice mix by mixing all dry spices in a bowl.
3. To marinade chicken first put lemon juice and oil to the bowl.
4. Now add 3 tbsp of the just made fajita spice mix. (Remaining spice mix will be used in rice.
5. Mix the content well. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for at least an hour.
6. After 60 minutes, brush cooking oil in a frying pan. Put the flame on high and add the chicken pieces one by one. Sear the chicken and cook on full heat till done .
7. Give chicken a charred colour, now remove the chicken and set aside.
Preparing the Rice
8. We will use a same pan for making the rice, don’t remove those charred bits from the pan as this will add more flavor to the vegetables. Add another tablespoon of oil. Now add the sliced onions and saute .
9. Now add bell peppers / capsicums, remaining spices mix and sauté them on medium heat till caramelized.
10. Now add water and rice.
11. Cook on medium flame till the water is dry.
12. Now place the chicken pieces on top of the rice cover the lid with a cloth and place it on a pan.Steam the rice for 15 mins on low flame.
13. Your very own homemade colorful and flavorful Fajita Chicken Rice is ready.
This rice recipe is big on flavor without much effort required on your part. If you have all the ingredients on hand, you could be enjoying a Mexican-inspired feast in less than an hour. It is an excellent weeknight meal – full of flavor and simple to make.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: