210 201 total views
Khushbudar Degi Mutton Pulao Recipe – Ramzan Special Series | Iftar Ideas
This traditional degi mutton pulao recipe will fill your home with awesome subcontinental cuisine aroma.
Best rice recipe in indian Pakistani style, made with mutton and exquisite spices. This quick and easy recipe of this degi mutton pulao recipe will make everyone your fan instantly.
Degi Mutton Pulao Recipe
See my detailed preparation of the authentic degi mutton pulao below:
I am writing the ingredients divided into steps, so you easily understand the requirement:
Yakhni (stock) preparation for pulao:
Mutton – 1 kg with bones
Onion (piyaz)- 1
Ginger (Adrak) – 1 small piece
Green Chili (Sabz Mirch) – 1 (small piece)
Salt (Namak) – 2 tsp
Coriander (dhania) whole – 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds (saunf) – 2 tbsp
Cinnamon stick (daarcheeni) – 1 small stick
Cloves (laung) – 3, 4
Black Pepper (Kali Mirch sabit) – 10-12
Black cardamom – 2
Cumin (Zeera sabit) – 1 tsp
Bay leaves (tez pat) – 1
Water – 5 glass
Tip: Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric (haldi) to ensure meat doesnt turn black.
Oil – 1/2 cup
Cumin whole (Zeera sabit) – 1 tsp
Black cardamom (whole)- 1
Cinnamon stick (daarcheeni) whole – 1 small stick
Bay leaves (tez pat) – 1
Onion (piyaz) – 1 sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsan) – 2 tbsp
Tomato (tamatar) – 2 sliced
Green Chili (Sabz mirch) – 1-2 (chopped)
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Red Chili Flakes (kutti lal mirch) – 1 tsp
Salt (namak) – 1 tsp
Yogurt – 1 small bowl
Rice – 3 glass
Prepared Stock – 5 glass
Preparation: (names of all spices are written above)
1. For preparing stock. Put water, meat and all spices mentioned above in a pot.
2. Cover the pot for 30-40 mins, till the meat is tender.
3. Stain the stock out which we will use for later final cooking.
4. For pulao masala preparation, put oil and whole spices mentioned above, fry for one min.
4. Now add onion and fry till golden brown.
5. Add round slices tomatoes, ground spices and green chilies, fry for 2 mins.
6. Add yogurt, fry for 2 mins till oil is separated.
7. Now add meat to the masala. And fry for good 4, 5mins.
8. Add stock and rice. And cover for 15 mins.
9. When water is dried to half, then cover the lid with a cloth, and put the pot on a tawa with low flame (steam, dum) for 15 mins.
10. Your tasty degi mutton pulao is ready. Take out in a dish and serve with raita, shami kabab and fresh salad.
Best degi mutton pulao recipe you cannot miss.
If you prefer to see video of the recipe, here is the link.
If you have any recipe related question, or any issue with your cooking, I am here to help you. Please contact me in the comments below.
Please like, share, comment my videos. Subscribe to my channel:
My all recipes are also available on:
Follow me on
Check Dahi Bhalla recipe here: