210 151 total views
Preparing homemade tomato ketchup is just a few minutes job – super easy to make, rich in flavor and definitely healthier than the store-bought version. Arguably the most famous sauce in the world, ketchup can be found in every household kitchen, can be used in a lot of different recipes and enjoyed with a variety of snacks.
Store-bought ketchup contains some ingredients that I tend to avoid, such as a list of preservatives. The homemade version, on the other hand, is cheaper and all about natural flavoring, ingredients and spices. It really takes very little effort to make and tastes so much better than supermarket ones.
It really takes very little effort to make and tastes so much better than supermarket ones. This home-made no preservative ketchup sauce recipe would not only loved by kids, even adults would enjoy with favorite snacks. Lets begin 🙂
Preparation & Cooking Time: 45 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Homemade Tomato Ketchup Recipe
1. Tomatoes (Tamatar) – 1 kilogram
2. Brown Sugar (Cheeni) – 1/4 cup
3. Vinegar (Sirka) – 1 cup
4. Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch) – 1/4 tsp
5. Salt (Namak) – To taste
6. Water (Pani) – 1 glass
1. Gather your supplies. You will need ripe and red tomatoes, one lemon, a knife, a pot or deep saucepan, and a blender.
2. Wash the tomatoes. Rinse under running water to remove any dirt. You can peel the tomatoes if you want, but it’s not necessary.
3. Chop the tomatoes into large chunks. It doesn’t matter if they’re chopped evenly, as they’ll be blended into a liquid.
4. Place the chopped tomatoes in your pot or saucepan with water, cover and cook for 5 mins.
5. After 5 mins, the tomatoes will break down and you’ll be left with a chunky sauce.
6. If you are using hand blender, blend hot in a same pot but if your are using jug blender or food processor remove the tomatoes from the heat and let them cool for about 10 minutes. Then blend the tomatoes.
7. Strain the sauce to remove any seeds and leftover skin. The final product should be thin and smooth.
8. Take another pan, and pour the thin liquid into it. Simmer for 15 mins.
9. Stir frequently.
10. After 15 mins add brown sugar, white vinegar, chilli powder, salt.
11. Let it continue cooking on high flame for 10-15 minutes until it becomes thick.
12. Put few drops on clean plate, tilt it and if its not runny then the ketchup is ready.
13. Put the ketchup into a air tight bottle.
14. Your homemade tomato ketchup is ready to rock!
Few words on this most favorite sauce of all times!
Hot favorite among kids and grown-ups, ketchup is a staple sauce for so many dishes, just think about crispy hot chips, or burgers. The homemade ketchup is cheaper and all about natural flavoring, ingredients and spices.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: