210 163 total views
Zingy, tangy, and slightly hot, homemade chat masala is a subcontinental spice mix that adds a boost of flavor to a variety of dishes. Sometimes used as a spice in cooking, chat masala is most often sprinkled as a garnish on salads, chats and on potato fries.
This Chat Masala recipe definitely tastes many times better than the store-bought one! It is easy to make and can be stored for later use.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 min
Difficulty Level: Easy
Chaat Masala can also be sprinkled over roasted chicken, savory baked goods, cooked vegetables, and even over fruit. Lets begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Homemade Chat Masala Recipe
1. Red Round Chili(Whole (Sabit Lal Mirch) – 12 to 15
2. Coriander Whole (Sabit Dhania) – 1 tbsp
3. Cumin (Zeera) – 1 tbsp (whole)
4. Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp (whole)
5. Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
6. Fennel (Saunf) – 1/2 tsp
7. Black Salt (Kala Namak) – 1/2 tsp
8. Salt (Namak) – 1/2 tsp
To make Chat Masala Powder at home, you will need some basic ingredients which are easily available at home:
1. Put a pan on medium heat and allow to warm up.
2. When it is warm, place the whole dry spice in the pan. 3. Dry roast for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, make sure that they do not burn. It is important that the pan is dry. Your do not need to add oil to toast these spices.
4. Once the aromas are apparent and they have been toasted for around 60 seconds, pour these spices in a bowl and allow them to cool for about 2 minutes.
5. Now, place them in a spice grinder and grind. 6. Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Then add in the other spices and mix well.
Bonus Tips for Homemade Chat Masala
1. You can also simply be sprinkled over fruit or vegetables or used as a spice for snack
2. This is an flavored and essential multipurpose spice mix powder recipe made with combination of dry spices.
3. This is an all-purpose spice mix which is an important ingredient for many recipes
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. There are so many spices mix powders available in the market under different brands, but the homemade chat masala is fresh and made with high-quality ingredients you are sure of and of course free of preservatives, making it much better than the store-bought ones
Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: