210 392 total views
Homemade Biryani Masala is one special recipe which can make everyone around you your fan. The aroma and taste of fresh homemade spice powder is much superior to the store bought one. Once you make it with your own hands you are sure of its content, which you can always adjust to your taste.You use homemade powder once and then you will never revert to the readymade powder again.
The exotic blend of Indian spices for a mouthwatering biryani dish for all kinds of biryani, whether it be Sindhi or Hyderabadi. With this recipe, I am sure you will immediately feel the difference in your biryani compared to the one made with store bought masala mix!
Lets begin with the preparation.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Servings : For 1 Kg Biryani, 2 tbsp
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Homemade Biryani Masala Recipe
1. Coriander (Dhania) – 2 tbsp
2. Cumin (Zeera) – 2 tbsp
3. Fennel (Saunf) – 1.5 tbsp
4. Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 2 tbsp
5. Green Cardamom (Hari Alaichi) – 2tbsp
6. Cinnamon (Darchini) – 2 tbsp
7. Clove (Laung) – 1 tbsp
8. Star Anise (Badian) – 2 tbsp
9. Black Cardamom (Bari Alaichi) – 15
10. Bay Leaves (Tezpat) – 10
11. Jaifel – 1
12. Javetri – 2
13. Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch) – 2 tbsp
14. Turmeric (Haldi) – 2 tbsp
15. Paprika Powder – 1 tbsp
1. Take all the whole spices (Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Black Pepper, Cardamoms, Cinnamon, Cloves, Star Anise, Bay Leaves, Jaifel and Javetri) and add them to a pan.
2. Dry roast them on low flame for 7, 8 minutes till they’re aromatic. Be careful not to burn.
3. Put off the flame. Let them cool for some time.
4. Now grind the roasted whole spices till they turn into fine powder
5. Now add the remaining spices to the ground spices (Red Chili Powder, Turmeric, Paprika).
6. Mix it well to make a homogeneous mixture.
7. Your Biryani Masala is ready! You can store them in airtight jars for 6 months, just don’t use wet spoons while handling the masala.
What more about homemade spices
I am always a great advocate of homemade spices. There are countless pluses of using your own spices mix. It is much much better than the store bought and you can always tweak the content spices to your own liking. Make biryani totally tailor made to your family taste! Not possible with the ready made spices!
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: