210 695 total views
When life gives you lemons… don’t make lemonade?
But unfortunately, life does not give me lemons. So I go to my neighbor’s house, because life has blessed her with a whole tree full of gorgeous lemons right in her backyard! And her backyard lemons are just perfect for making mini lemon tarts!That’s right. Make dessert. Because there’s nothing better in the springtime than a bright and cheery lemon dessert! My very own Home Made Lemon Tart!
Sweet and tangy mini lemon tarts with buttery shortbread crusts and simple lemon curd filling are delicious and adorable spring and summer desserts!
Preparation Time: 1 hr + 30 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
In my post, you’ll find not just the recipe, but also tips for making a perfect crust. You’ll need to prepare the dough, then fully bake the crust before filling it with the lemon mixture. To make things easy, you can use a store-bought tart shell, and then you’ll only need to make the lemon curd. But my crust is very easy just try once and you will loved it. Lets begin:
Ingredients & Method for this Home Made Lemon Tart Recipe
For the Crust:
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup
A pinch of salt
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
For the Curd:
Lemon Juice – 1/3 cup
Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Eggs – 2
Butter – 1 tbsp
We start with making the crust:
1. In a mixing bowl add sugar and butter cream together.
2. Add flour, salt and vanilla essence combine together make a dough no need of milk or water.
3. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes. This will make it easier to press into the pans.
4. Press the dough into mini tart pans.
5. Bake the crusts for 10-15 minutes at 300°F until they are golden.
To Make the Lemon Curd:
Lemon curd can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or can be frozen for up to 2 months. To thaw, place overnight in the fridge. Whisk the mixture to smoothen it before using. Lets make it for today:
1. In a sauce pan, place eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and whisk to combine.
2. Place the pan on low fire Cook on moderate heat, whisking constantly, until mixture becomes thick (mine was ready in 10 minutes, but it can take up to 20).
3. If you have a thermometer, it should register 170°F/75°C; otherwise, it should coat the back of a wooden spoon and leave a clear pass if you run your finger through it.
4. The curd will thicken more once cooled.
Filling of Tarts
1. Once tart crusts are completely cooled, carefully pop them out of the pans.
2. Before filling whisk curd well now spoon lemon curd evenly into the crusts and spread it with the back of a spoon.
3. Top mini tarts however you’d like!
4. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until chilled.
How to Enjoy Home Made Lemon Tart
1. Enjoy this tasty lemon tart with evening tea or coffee. You may serve with berries and whipped cream, if you like.
2. Come this Eid, serve your loved ones with this surprise dessert! Send thanks to me later 🙂
Want to see video of the recipe for your understanding, then here is the link:
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: