210 518 total views
French Spinach Quiche is made with a simple pastry crust (with flour, butter and water) that is filled with a savory egg and creamy batter. I personally go for a veggie quiche most of the time but it is wonderful with chicken, meat, seafood, cheese or herbs mixed in as well.
What I present today is a classic timeless recipe and it always makes for an impressive brunch (or lunch). You’ll love leftovers too!
Preparation Time: 40 min
Baking Time: 60 min
Difficulty Level: Medium
Ingredients & Method for French Spinach Quiche Recipe
1. Flour – 2¼ cups (280g)
2. Butter – 3/4 cup cold, cubed
3. Salt – 1 tsp
4. Water – 4,6 tbsp cold
Egg Cream Batter
1. Eggs – 3
2. heavy cream – 1 cup (about 240 ml)
3 Cherry tomatoes – 9,10 halved
4. Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
5. Salt – 1 tsp
6. Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
7. Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Spinach Mushroom Filler
1. Spinach -400 gram
2. Mushroom – 1 cup
3. Onion – 1
4. Garlic- 4,5 cloves
5. Black Pepper – 1tsp
6. Salt – 1 tsp
1. I love to make quiche, one of my favorite snacks. My recipe today will be made ni three simple steps. First of all we will make the crust. In a food processor put white flour
2. Now add salt and cold cubed butter to the processor.
3. Process all the ingredients until crumbs are formed.
4. Now add cold water, process again until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
5. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat it into a ball and flatten into a disk.
6. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, now roll out the dough on a lightly floured board. Lightly dust the top of the dough. Roll until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick. [BTW, while the dough rests in the ref, one could jump to the next steps to save time.]
8. Transfer the dough to a 9-10-inch (24-25cm) pie pan. Evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the pan.
9. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork.
10. First we will bake the crust without putting the filler on. For this preheat your oven to 350F (175C). Here is the pro tip, blind baking: line a baking paper over the dough.
12. After 15 minutes, remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden. Remove from oven.
13. Now the quiche crust is ready, lets make the batter which we will pour over the filler. For this, take a medium sized bowl and beat eggs.
14. To make our batter enriched, add heavy cream to the eggs and mix further.
15, And now to give it a light taste add salt, pepper and oregano.
16. Beat with hands to make it an even mixture. Batter is ready. Set it aside.
17. Now on to preparation of the last component, the Filler. For this take a large pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and some olive oil. Add chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
18. Now add crushed garlic and mushrooms. Mix well for 1 minute.
19. After garlic is saute, add mushroom and stir fry.
20. Now add Spanish and cook until water is dried. You may want to add spinach in parts.
23. Now we are on to my favorite part. Lets start assembling. Spread the mushroom and spinach filler we just made, over the crust, covering it evenly in the process.
24. Then sprinkle the cheese to cover all surface of the filler.
25. Now pour the eggs and cream batter evenly all over the filler.
26. And icing on the top? Spread some halved cherry tomatoes, to add both color and taste.
27. Bake until golden brown and set, about 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Its basically a breakfast dish, enjoy it with fried eggs, fresh vegetables, green leaves.
If you wish to see video of this special recipe, then here is a link from my YouTube channel:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: