210 308 total views
This easy French Apple Cake has just enough batter to hold all of the apples together. The cake is one of the most balanced one I ‘ve ever made. What more it? It is truly one of the easiest cakes I made in my life, but hey don’t let these phrases fool you. I guarantee you that my recipe will still enchant you with one of the best cakes you will ever make at home! The simplicity just makes it that much better.
It starts with a cake batter, which is then loaded up with sweet apple chunks to ensure every bite includes a bite of apple goodness. If you don’t consider yourself a baker, or if you need an easy recipe to ease you into the world of baking, this is the cake for you. There are no fancy tools, techniques, or ingredients required — if you’ve got a whisk and a mixing bowl, you’re ready to get started.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 40 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for French Apple Cake Recipe
1. All purpose sifted Flour (Maida) – 1 cup – 150g
2. Sugar (Cheeni) – ⅔ cup – 130g
3. Baking powder – 3 tsp (12g)
4. Pinch Salt (Namak)
5. Whole eggs (Andey) – 2
6. Oil (Tail) – ⅓ cup – 60g
7. Milk (Dhoodh) – ½ cup (a little less) – 100 ml
8. Apples (Saeb) – 3 to 4
For Frosting (icing)
1. Egg (Andey) – 1 whole
2. Melted butter (Makhan) – 4 tbsp (80g)
3. Sugar (Cheeni) – ½ cup (100g)
4. Lemon zest – 1 tsp
1. Prepare cake batter by mixing all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt) in a mixing bowl. It is always better to make sure there are not lumps in flour or baking powder.
2. Now add all the wet ingredients (2 whole eggs, oil and milk). Add a pinch of salt.
3. Mix it well to ensure that there are no lumps in the batter.
4. Now pour it into a well buttered non stick cake pan. I used a 9 inch or 23cm cake pan.
5. Now for the apple flavor, peel and core the apples then cut into small chunks.
6. Place the chunks on top of the cake mixture. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F. Meanwhile we will prepare icing.
7. Now for the icing on the cake. Take another mixing bowl, and put sugar, egg and melted butter into it. Mix it well along with the zest of lemon to make it homogeneous mixture.
8. Remove cake from oven after 30 mins
9. Pour the frosting/icing mixture over the cake evenly. Make sure that it covers all of the freshly backed cake. Now place it in the oven again and bake for another 10 minutes.
10. Once baked take it out of the oven and leave it to cool for 10 minutes. Run a blade along the inside of the cake pan to separate the cake, this will allow you to take it out easily.
11. Place a cooling rack on top of cake and flip over. Remove cake pan. Place a serving plate upside down on top of cake and flip back.
Amazingly soft, fresh and moist apple cake is ready for you to rock. I can tell you from my personal experience that if you are looking for an easy fall recipe, this one is perfect for you! This delicious french apple cake is super easy to make with ingredients you will always have on hand. Also it doesn’t call for any special techniques. All you need is a whisk and a mixing bowl.
Who doesn’t love sweet apples nestled in a buttery and super moist cake.So go ahead and try it . Make use of apples you got while gone for apple picking! Enjoy 🙂
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: