210 284 total views
Both Biryani and Pulao have a special place in Indian Pakistani traditional cuisine. There have been an active ever going debate on whether Biryani is better than Pulao or vice versa. While, the proponents of both sides have their own strong arguments the debate do gets hilarious at times LOL
Regardless of arguments from both sides, I believe that both dishes are awesome and if made with due diligence can win the hearts of those for who the dish is cooked.
Today I brought for you a very special blog, one of my favorites: Matar Pulao Recipe.
Below first I jot down all ingredients you will need for the recipe. After the ingredients further below you will find the method of preparation.
Recipe Ingredients: (For long recipes, I always divide the ingredients into steps, so that you easily understand the requirements)
Ingredients & Method for Matar Pulao Recipe
Rice – 2 cups
Garlic – 3, 4 cloves
Green chili – 3,4
Tomato – 1 (medium)
Onion – 1 large (chopped)
Tezpat – 2
Cumin (whole) – 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick – 1/2
Green Cardamom – 2, 3
Black Cardamon – 1
Clove – 2, 3
Black Pepper (whole) – 2, 3
Matar (Green Peas) – 1 Cup
Yogurt – 2 tsp
Water – 3 cups
Salt – 3 tsp
Method: (names of all spices are written above)
1. Add oil in a pot, add onion and fry till dark golden brown.
2. Now add whole garam masala (Tezpat, Cumin (whole),
Cinnamon Stick, Green Cardamom, Black Cardamon, Clove,
and Black Pepper (whole).
3. Fry for 5-10 secs with onion.
4. Now in a blender, make a paste of tomato, green chili and garlic.
5. Add this paste to golden onion.
6. Mix well and fry for another 1 min.
7. Now add salt and green peas.
8. Add 2 tbsp of yogurt, mix well and simmer for 2 mins.
9. Now add 3 cups of water and green chilies.
10. When water starts boiling, add 2 cups of rice.
11. Cook for 10 mins till the time the water is dried.
12. Cover the pot with a cloth, put the lid and put the pot on a tawa with low flame Steam for 10 mins.
Steam for 10 Minutes:
13. Your very own super flavory, matar pulao is ready for serving!
14. Serve hot. You may serve it with simple raita and salad. For special occasions you may serve it with shami kababs, steamed or bbq chicken or meat.
Biryani and Pulao have a special place in Indian Pakistani traditional cuisine.
See video of the recipe for your understanding, then here is the link.
I hope you will like it, it is full of flavors and can be served with simple raita and salad or any of occasions calls for it then serve it with shami kababs, or any type of steamed or bbq meat.
I am sure you will like it. This can be made quite quickly and is always a favorite for the ladies.
Please do try this traditional Flavorful Matar Pulao Recipe for the upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr.
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: