210 380 total views
Homemade peach jam recipe is very handy to make but not commonly practice in the Subcontinent. The best part of this homemade jam is that you choose one of your favorite local available fruits and as you will see below it doesn’t take more than 45 mins (from washing till cooling) to make it at home.
With summers on the way, peaches are available everywhere these days, market is full of this crunchy tasty fruit.
To be honest, I grade peaches a bit unlucky fruit as unfortunately it has to compete with the giant of the fruits; the King of Fruits: the Mango 🙂
Preparation Time: 45 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
With Peach Jam Recipe used at home firstly, you control the amount of sugar in your jam, then you don’t need to add any preservatives, and finally of course it is freshly made by your own hands! Can you control this much in market bought bottled jam?
I don’t see any reason why one should not make it fresh every fortnight? I am sure you are convinced 🙂
So lets begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Easy Peach Jam Recipe
Fresh ripe peaches (Aarhoo) – 4 medium size
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup (you can use white sugar too)
A little water
First, we will peel off the skin of the peaches:
1. Make 2 long cuts each on the top sides of the peaches.
2. Now, put the peaches into a pot of already boiling water. Boil peaches for 1 minute.
3. Now, remove peaches from the boiling water, and straight put them into cold water, again for a minute.
4. After one the skins will easily be peeled off, from the cuts you made in step 1.
5. Skins are removed, now we are ready to cook it.
Making of the Jam:
1. Remove the seeds from the peeled peaches, and make small cubes.
2. Put the peach cubes in a pot, cook for 10 mins on medium-low heat.
3. After 10 minutes, add lemon juice and sugar.
4. Cook more for 15 minutes, until the peaches are very soft and the juice is separated.
5. Stir continuously, and mash the peaches using a spoon or stir.
6. A little pulpy jam is also some times preferred.
7. The jam needs some time to thicken to the right consistency
8. To know if the jam is ready, dip a small spoon and if it ready it will leave a shiny patchy trail behind the spoon.
9. Switch off the heat and remove the pot from the stove.
10. Let it cool and serve it when completely cooled.
How to Enjoy Homemade Peach Jams
1. Enjoy this perfect definition of homemade jam in your breakfast, along with butter, fried eggs, brad and a hot cup of tea!
2. You can also store, in an air tight jar, in fridge for 2 months. Just avoid touching your hand or wet utensils when you preserve it like this.
If you want to see video of the recipe for, here is the link:
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: