210 180 total views
This Dhaba Style Daal Mash Recipe will make you fall in love at first sight. The dish requires only a bit of attention to details, and once cooked following my tips the result will be to everyone’s big surprise. No doubt everyone will simply love it.
Follow this recipe of Dhaba Style Daal Mash when making daal at home next time. The tips I share will ensure that the daal made is perfect. Not all days should be chicken, meat days. My this special Dhaba Style Daal Mash recipe will make routine meals also very special.
Below first I write down all ingredients you will need for this dish. After the ingredients further below you will find the method.
(For long recipes, I always divide the ingredients into steps. This way, you will easily understand the requirements)
Daal Mash (Lentil) – 1 cup
Salt (Namak) – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
Red Chili Flakes (Kutti hui Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
Coriander (Dhania) Power – 1 tsp
Cumin (Zeera) Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric (Haldi) Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lahsan) – 2 tbsp
Tomato (Tamater) – 2,3
Green Chili – 2,3
Yogurt (Dahi) – 1/2 cup
Oil – 5 tbsp
Bay Leaves (Tez Pat) – 2,3
Cinnamon stick (Daarcheeni) – 1/2 piece
Black Cardamom (Brahi Elaichi) – 1
Fenugreek (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Method: (names of all spices are written above)
1. First of all, we will boil daal to 80% (don’t over cook as it will be fried later).
2. Wash and soak daal for 2 hours.
3. After 2 hrs, put daal & 1.5 cup of water in a pan.
4. Add 1/2 tsp salt and pinch of turmeric.
5. Boil for 3 mins, foam will form on the surface, remove it all.
6. Boil daal for another 2 mins.
7. Stain and set aside daal. Don’t throw water and some will be needed later.
Preparation of Masala:
1. Put 5 tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
2. Add Bay Leaves, Cinnamon stick and Black Cardamom. Fry for 30 sec.
3. Add ginger garlic paste. Fry till light golden.
4. Now, add tomatoes in a blender to make a paste. Add it to the frying pan.
5. Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Red Chili Flakes, Coriander Power, Cumin Powder and Turmeric Powder.
6. Fry till spices are cooked, and oil is separated.
7. Add daal. Mix well and fry for 1 min.
8. Now add yogurt. Fry for another 1 min.
9. Add crushed black pepper. Mix well.
10. Add 3 tbsp of water (remains of stained daal).
11. Cover for 3 mins till daal is tender.
Garnish & Serving:
12. Daal is ready, garnish with green chili, fresh coriander and ginger.
13. Your very own Dhaba Style Daal Mash is ready for serving.
14. Serve with chapati, salad and mint chutney.
See video of the recipe for your understanding, then here is the link.
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: