210 128 total views
Daal paratha recipe is a very popular dish prepared with whole wheat flour, leftover daal and simple spices. It can be prepared with any kind of daal. I have used moong masoor daal to prepare this paratha.
This is a very healthy, filling, and nutritious breakfast or lunch item. You can use leftover daal for this daal ka paratha recipe. Especially, if you are lazy to cook or not sure what to cook on weekend breakfast, just mix leftover daal with wheat flour along with spices, and trust me parathas are so yummy, our family loves it.
Leftover daal paratha is one of the quick, healthy yet yummy breakfast, lunch or brunch recipe & can be enjoyed with any form of curd or your favorite pickle. Lets begin
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
Servings: 6 pieces
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Daal Paratha Recipe
Ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Leftover Moong Masoor Daal – 2 cup
2. Flour – 1 to 2 cup
3. Salt – 1 tsp
4. Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
5. Qasuri Methi – 1 tbsp
6. Green Chili – 4 to 5 (chopped)
7. Cooking Oil
Making The Dough
1. In a bowl put leftover daal along with salt, red chili powder, powder, kasuri meethi and chopped green chilies.
2. Mix well everything in daal.And taste it salt and chili should be little more because after adding flour it will be balanced.
4. Mix thoroughly using your fingertips till everything is well combined.
6. Now dough is ready. Cover & let it rest for 10-15 mins.
7. Divide the dough into small equal portions. Roll the parathas to medium diameter using roller pin. Then spread little oil or ghee on it using a spoon.
8. You may make paratha into shapes of your choice, round, rectangular or triangular
9. Heat the tawa pan on medium-high heat. Once hot place the rolled paratha on it.
10. Apply ghee on the top, flip it & cook by lightly pressing using spatula. Flip and cook the same way till you have golden brown spots on both the sides.
11. Repeat the same process for rest of the parathas. Serve hot with curd, raita or any pickle of your choice & enjoy. You can enjoy lassi or tea also with these parathas.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: