210 351 total views
This rich and creamy flavorsome chicken tikka gravy (or masala) recipe rivals any Pakistani Indian restaurant in the town! Why go out when you can make it better at home! With aromatic chicken pieces in an incredible curry sauce, this chicken tikka masala recipe is one of the best you will try!
Surprise your loved one with this incredible recipe on Eid. Paratha yogurt with this recipe takes you to an altogether different level of taste. Chicken gravy require simple ingredients, and it does not take too much of preparation time.
Preparation Time: 1 hr 45 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
Bring the very special taste of Pakistan and India to your table with this exquisite recipe. Lets start:
Ingredients & Method for this Chicken Tikka Gravy or Masala Recipe
1. Boneless Chicken – 500 grams (cut into tikka shapes)
2. Salt (Namak) – 1 tsp
3. Lemon Juice (Limu) – 2 tsp
4. Thick Yogurt (Dahi) – 4 tbsp
5. Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak, Lahsan) – 2 tsp
6. Kashmiri Chili Powder (Kashmiri Lal Mirch) – 2 tsp
7. Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
8. Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
9. Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
For the Gravy:
1. Onions, fine chopped (Piyaz) – 1 medium
2. Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak, Lahsan) – 2 tsp
3. Tomato purée (Tamatar paste) – 1/2 cup
4. Fresh Cream – 6 tbsp
5. Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder) – 1/4 tsp
6. Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
7. Coriander Powder (Sukha Dhania) – 1 tsp
8. Cumin Powder (Zeera) – 1 tsp
9. Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
10. Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tbsp
11. Oil – 4 tbsp Garnish:
We start with the marination:
1. Clean and dry the chicken.Make cuts like you make in tikka.
2. Marinate the tikkas with the salt, lemon juice, yogurt, ginger garlic, kashmiri chilli, red chili and garam masala
3. Set aside in room temperature for 1 hour.
Frying the Tikkas:
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and place the tikkas side by side.
5. Fry on medium heat for 5 mins and then turn on the other side. Continue to fry it on medium heat on the other side for another 5 mins.
6. Take these out on a plate.
7. Smoke them with a burning coal for 5 min.
Making the Gravy:
1. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Fry on medium heat for 5 mins till light brown in color.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
3. Add tomato purée, give a mix and add turmeric, red chili, coriander, cumin and a pinch of salt. Mix & fry for 2 mins on low heat.
4. Add fried tikkas, give it a mix and add a little water. Add garam masala powder, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins.
5. Now open the lid, add cream, give it a mix and cook on low heat for 2 mins more.
6. Lastly add the roasted & crushed kasuri methi and cook on low heat for 2 mins.
7. Serve with naan or rice, fresh salad and raita.
Enjoy Chicken Tikka Gravy
1. Surprise your loved one with this incredible recipe on Eid. Plain yogurt does wonder with this dish especially when you are enjoying it with naan.
2. Close family members will always appreciate the leftover tikka gravy with parathas in breakfast next morning. Tastes heavenly 🙂
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
If you want a different dish for your Eid meals, look no further and surprise the family with this awesome dish, it does not require lots of ingredients, and they don’t take much of your time with preparation.
And the best part is that this one goes best with either rice or naan, no doubt this chicken tikka gravy is a perfect lunch and dinner for Eid
Have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: