210 582 total views
Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe is one of the most prominent parts of subcontinental cuisine. Chicken is marinated in tikka masala & yogurt, then cooked into a delicious homemade tikka and finally mixed with gravy and long grain Basmati Rice. This recipe of biryani is undoubtedly one of the most popular in India Pakistan.
The spicy and mouth watering tikka style biryani is a special treat for your beloved one. It is also very appetizing for lunch and dinner, so let’s see how to make this finger-licking, spicy and aromatic Tikka Biryani at home.
If we marinate the chicken with chicken tikka masala on the previous day and keep in the refrigerator the next day we can directly put them on the pan and make chicken tikkas. This saves some time. I hope you definitely try this mouthwatering recipe. and please don’t forget to leave a comment when you try.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Marination: Leave chicken for 3 to 4 hours
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Chicken Tikka Biryani is a spicy and flavorful, incredibly delicious and popular Indian recipe prepared using rice, chicken and aromatic spices. Lets begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe
For Masala Preparation:
Onion (Piyaz) – 2 (medium)
Ginger Garlic Paste (Lahsan Adrak) – 1 tbsp
Tomato (Tamatar) – 3 (medium)
Yogurt (Dahi) – 1/2 cup
Biryani Masala (store bought or homemade) – 2 tbsp
Rice (Chawal) – 2 glass
1. For marination first make cuts in chicken so meat is well marinated from inside. And you will feel tikka flavor in every bite.
2. Now add tikka masala, yogurt and lemon juice and mix well using hands.
3. Finally, cover the marinated chicken and give it a rest of 3 to 4 hour.This will make chicken more juicy and flavorful
1. Use any rice of your choice (basmati or jasmine tastes the best for this recipe).
2. Boil water and add salt and oil.
3. Add rice and Cook till it is 70 to 80% done and drain them.
4. Keep this aside.
Making Chicken Tikka
1. You can do this simultaneously while cooking rice. Heat a pan and add oil.
2. When the oil is hot add marinated chicken tikka pieces, cover and cook until the chicken becomes tender and nice golden color.
3. Change the side of the pieces in between.
4. Turn off the flame when the chicken pieces are done.
5. Make a space in the center of the pan and place burnt charcoal pouring a little oil on it.
6. You can see the smoke coming out and spreading. Cover it with a lid immediately and keep aside until the smoke disappears.
1. Let’s prepare masala. Put oil in a pot and fry onions till golden brown.
2. Now add ginger garlic paste. Fry till golden brown in color.
3. Add sliced tomatoes and biryani masala. Mix well.
4. Add yogurt and fry the masala till oil is separated from the masala.
5. Biryani masala is now ready, chicken pieces and rice is also done let’s make layers.
1. In a pan add one tbsp desi ghee or oil.
2. Spread half of the rice in a pan.
3. Spread all the masala on top of the rice.
4. Place chicken pieces on masala.
5. Spread rest of the rice.
6. Now sprinkle some chopped mint, coriander, sliced lemon, green chilies and ginger.This will add extra flavor.
7. Now mix one tsp of yellow food color in water and spread on top layer.This will give a nice colour to your biryani.
8. Now steam on low fire for 15 minutes. This will cook rice and merge all ingredients well together into one coherent dish.
If your are making biryani for a crowd then double the recipe ingredients and also double the number of layers of rice , masala and chicken pieces.
1 Try chicken tikka biryani when you get bored of regular biryanis. it’s a bit time taking but worth spending. Serve it with fresh kachumar salad, it matches best with the spicy biryani.
2. I also like to serve my biryani with raita made with yogurt, mint, coriander, a pinch of salt and zeera. A combination made in heavens!
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: