210 663 total views
Chicken Shami Kabab is a subcontinental style dish where chicken is combined with lentil and spices, cooked into a batter with trademark aroma, and then shaped into a patty and shallow fried. The shamis are extremely popular in India and Pakistan and is considered a must for any party any dinner any occasion.
Chicken shami kabab for all those who love chicken in any form.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Servings: 40-45 kababs
Difficulty Level: Medium
Deliciously spicy hot shamis are always irresistible, and these make for some of the best chicken shamis you will ever taste. Lets begin:
Ingredients & Method for this Chicken Shami Kabab Recipe
1. Chicken (Murghi) – 1 kg
2. Daal Chana – 1 cup
3. Onion (Piyaz) – 1 medium
4. Garlic (Lahsan) – 1 full
5. Ginger (Adrak) – 1 1-inch piece
6. Salt (Namak) – 1 tsp
7. Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
8. Zeera Powder – 1 tsp
9. Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
10. Red Chili Flakes (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
11. Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
12. Garam Masala – 1 tsp
13. Black Cardamom – 2
14. Black Pepper (Whole) – 10-12
15. Clove – 3,4
16. Cinnamon Stick – 1/2
17. Bay Leaves – 2,3
18. Zeera (whole) – 1 tsp
19. Green Chili (Hari Mirchen) – 2,3
20. Green Coriander – as required
21 Egg – 2 (1 for mixing, 1 for frying)
22. Oil (Tael) – 1 tsp
23. Water – 1 cup
1. Put the chicken, overnight soaked lentil with all the ingredients into a pan.
2. Add one cup of water and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked and the lentil is soft.
3. Increase the heat and dry off any excess moisture. Remove chicken from the lentil. Remove chicken meat from the bones. Mix meat back into the lentils.
4. Allow this mixture to cool but not completely. 5. Then grind the mixture until smooth. Turn it out into a bowl and add an beaten egg.
6. Add the garam masala, chopped green chili and chopped coriander.
7. Give everything a good mix.
8. If it feels too sticky, add 1-2 tbsp of a breadcrumbs and mix.
9. When ready to fry, shape the kababs into flat discs. 10. At this point you can refrigerate for some time so
they will fry nice and you handle them easily.
11. Dip them in egg before frying.
12. Shallow fry them until golden brown on both sides. Enjoy! With chutney, ketchup and hot beverage of your taste.
Enjoy your Chicken Shami Kabab
1. Enjoy kabas with your afternoon chai, or as a side to make any dinner menu more abundant, or my favorite is to make a shami kebab sandwich.
2. Kabab are kids’ favorite and best for school lunch.
3. This easy recipe makes a large batch to enjoy some now, and freeze the rest for later! You are ready to receive your guests now at any time 🙂
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: