210 922 total views
It is filled with tender chicken and lots of fresh veggies of your choice, all the right ingredients to make it a delicious broth for cold winter evenings! Although I simply love its tangent flavor my chicken pot pie soup but its doesn’t stop there, its ultimate comfy and cozy, warm and sip-able soup form!
Not to mention this is one of our family’s favorite recipes and you guys will love it too
Hope you enjoy my secret family recipe! Lets begin 🙂
Preparation Time: 25 min
Baking time: 25 min
Servings: 5, 6
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
1. Chicken – 1 Cup (Boiled & Shredded)
2. Olive Oil or Butter – 3 tbsp
3. Spring Onion – 1
4. Carrot – 1 medium sized
5. Garlic – 3 cloves
6. Mushroom – 1/2 cup
7. Corns – 1/2 cup
8. Green Peas – 1/2 cup
9. Potatoes – 1/2 cup
10. Chicken Stock – 2 cup
11. Milk – 1 cup
12. Flour – 2 tbsp
13. Black Pepper Crushed – 1 tsp
14. Salt – 1 tsp
15. Oregano – 1/2 tsp
1. This one is easy to make, we start with heating butter in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted (or heat the olive oil until it is shimmering).
2. Add onion saute for 2-3minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent. The taste this green veggie adds to this recipe is heavens!
3. Now add in some carrots to the simmering onion and olive oil.
4. Fry in carrots and then add garlic and and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant. The aroma will now start taking over your kitchen!
5. Base is ready, now for the main ingredients first its time to add mushrooms. Stir for an additional 2-3 minutes to add the base taste to the mushrooms
6. Now add in some flour to make an even thicky soup. Keep stirring until it is completely combined, and saute for 1 minute
7. All mixed well, now slowly pour in the chicken stock, keep stirring slowly
8. To make it rich and creamy, now add pour some milk, stirring frequently
9. Now time to add some fillers, we will start with the corns
10. Then the fresh green peas.
11. And kids will love it, goes in the boiled shredded chicken 🙂
12. I do not recommend too much seasoning as my recipe already has rich natural taste of chicken and vegetables. Just season it with bit of salt, some pepper and oregano. Mix well until combined.
13. Finally add potato cubes. Bring the mixture to a simmer (be careful not to bring it to a boil!), stirring occasionally so that the bottom of the soup does not stick to the pan. Then reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering the soup for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft and cooked through.
14. Taste the soup and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
15. Serve it hot immediately, with crackers on top or on the side, if desired.
16. Here you go, Enjoy 🙂
If you wish to see video of this special recipe, then here is a link from my YouTube channel:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: