210 110 total views
Craving for some cheesy chicken lasagna? You are in luck! Find here the most authentic, accurate and easy recipe to make lasagna by Salmarif on this page.
Everyone loves lasagna. What better than to prepare a cheese lasagna, a great way to feed a crowd and a perfect dish to bring to a potluck. It freezes well. It reheats well. Leftovers will keep you happy for days.
Lasagna brings together all of the things we love in a good pasta dish: noodles, cheeses, fresh herbs and a delicious meat sauce. If you’ve never made lasagna before or haven’t found a good recipe, you have come to the right place. Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
Homemade lasagna may have a few steps, but each step is easy – and I assure you it’s worth the time; the perfect Italian meal! Lets begin 🙂
Ingredients & Method for this Cheesy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients for Mince Meat Filling
1. Chicken Qeema – 500 gram
2. Garlic (Lahsan) – 2 tbsp grated
3. Onion (Piyaz) – 1 medium size chopped
4. Salt (Namak) – 1/2 tsp
5. Chili Flakes (Dhara Mirch) – 1/2 tsp
6. White Pepper (Safaid Mirch) – 1/2 tsp
7. Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tsp
8. Oregano – 1/2 tsp
9. Tomato Paste – 1 cup
10. Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp Ingredients for White Sauce
1. Butter (Makhan) – 2 tbsp
2. All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 2 tbsp
3. Milk (Dhoodh) – 2 cups
4. White Pepper (Safaid Mirch) – 1/2 tsp
5. Salt (Namak) – 1/2 tsp
6. Chili Flakes (Dhara Mirch) – 1/2 tsp
7. Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for Assembling
1. Boiled lasagna sheets 16 (boiled as per packing’s instructions)
2. Chicken Mincemeat
3. White Sauce – prepared above
4. Cheddar Cheese – 1 Cup
5. Mozzarella Cheese – 1 Small Bowl
6. Capsicum – 1/2 cubed
7. Oregano, to sprinkle on top
1. In a pan heat oil, add garlic and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until garlic gets brown and onion translucent.
2. Now, add minced meat and cook until changes its color on medium flame while mixing upside down continuously. 3. Add tomato paste and give it a good mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Now add all the spices mention above. Mix well.
5. Then add ketchup, mix and let cook for about 5 minutes. 6. Your chicken lasagna filling is now ready
White Sauce Preparation:
1. In a pan, melt butter, add flour and cook for 2 minutes or until well combined.
2. Turn the heat to very low flame and gradually start pouring in the milk while stirring continuously preventing lumps from forming.
3. When the milk has been mixed properly, turn the flame to medium heat and keep cooking while mixing/stirring continuously until starts to thicken. 4. Now add spices, give it a good mix and turn off the flame. White sauce is now ready.
1. In a deep pan, add water and let it boil.
2. Add salt and oil and let it start bubbling.
3. Once water starts bubbling, add lasagna sheets one by one and cook until 80% done. (Do not overload the pan with sheet or else they will break and stick to the base). 4. Now stain the sheets out of the pan, throw the hot water.
5. Rinse the 80% done lasagna sheets with cold water and set aside until ready to use. (Boiling time is different in every brand, please follow instructions on package.)
Assembling & Baking:
1. Now take a baking tray. We will make layers of lasagna sheets, cheese, chicken filling and white sauce.
2. For the first layer, place sheets of lasagna at the bottom, paste some white sauce, then place mincemeat, and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese.
3. I usually make 5 layers. Repeat step 2 for four more times.
4. Lastly, top with lasagna sheets, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.
5. Sprinkle some oregano and some chopped capsicum.
6. Pre-heat your oven for 10 mins.
7. Place the baking tray in the oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until cheese gets golden brown in color.
8. Take out of the oven, rest for 5 mins to get the layers settled.
9. Serve hot.
Bonus Tips for Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
1. This lasagna is a flavorful meal as it contains spicy mincemeat filling, a super creamy white sauce and lots of cheese.
2. If you love a bit crusty lasagna, put a but more cheese topping and bake a little longer, this will make your lasagna extra crispy, with heavenly tastes.
3. Leftover lasagna is most sort after commodity in the world, kids especially love it! 🙂
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: