210 752 total views
Unique and rich taste charsi mutton karahi is one dish to die for. It is salty, with a pinch of pepper and rocks with fatty taste, it is not very spicy and but an extremely nice meal for dinner. The flavor of green chilies and aroma takes the taste of this charsi karahi to another level.
The recipe originates from the northern areas of Pakistan. The people of Peshawar have a large variety of recipe of karahi as well. But Charsi karahi recipe origin is basically the northern areas like Naran, Kaghan, Kashmir and other areas.
The food from Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa is extremely unique and special in it’s own way. It is simple, cooked with minimum spices and presented in it’s purest form, without any need of chutneys and condiments.
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Charsi Mutton Karahi Recipe
1. Mutton with bones and fat – 1 kilogram
2. Water (Pani) – 1/2 litre or as required
3. Garlic (Lehsan) – 1 full
4. Salt (Namak) – 1 tsp
5. Black pepper crushed (Kutti kali mirch) – 1 tsp
6. Green chilies ( Sabaz mirch) – 5 to 6
7. Tomatoes (Tamatar) – 4 large
1. Take a pan and put mutton in it. Mutton with fats and bones is best suitable for this dish.
2. Add salt and garlic to mutton.
3. Now add water to the pan, mix well and bring it to boil.
4. Cover and cook on low flame until meat is tender (approx.45 minutes) and keep mixing in between.
5. After 30 mins, remove the cover.
6. Place tomatoes in between the meat pieces. Cover the pan again and cook on medium low flame until tomatoes are soft (approx. 20 minutes).
7. Remove the cover, and remove tomato skin.
8. Mix tomatoes well. Cook on high flame for 5-6 minutes.
9. This recipe is made with least amount of spices, we will add only black pepper to give it the unique taste of KPK.
10. At the end add green chilies and cook until oil separates.
11. Charsi mutton karahi is ready. Garnish it with fresh coriander,ginger and green & serve!
This authentic Recipe for the very delicious lamb Charis karahi is a must try for everyone. One of few mutton karahi recipes that would make you regret why you did not try it before
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: