210 802 total views
Arabic Bukhari Rice is very popular in Arabian cuisine and is a wonderful combination of rice, raisins and carrots. Serve these rice with spicy tomato sauce which enhances its taste. Its a great combination with baked lamb or chicken. Even alone, its the perfect main dish for any party or gathering. With a unique taste, it will charm all guests or kids that have a craving for something new and different. This rice has a wonderful fragrance, a complex taste, and a lovely color (due to the shredded carrots). This dish is best enjoyed with baked or chicken chopped salad and yogurt.
Cooking Time: 45 min
Servings: 3, 4
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients & Method for Arabic Bukhari Rice Recipe
1. Rice (Chawal) – 2 cups
2. Chicken Stock (Yahkni) – 2 cups
3. Water (Pani) – 2 cups
4. Onion (Piyaz) – 1
5. Garlic (Lahsan) – 3,4
6. Tomato Paste (Tamatar) – 3 tbsp
7. Salt (Namak) – 2 tsp
8. Dried Lemon (Limu) – 1
9. Bay Leaf (Tezpat) – 1
10. Green Cardamom (Hari Alaichi) – 4
11. Clove (Laung) – 2
12. Dried Coriander (Dhania) – 1 tsp
13. Cinnamon Sticks (Darchini) – 2
14. Cumin (Zeera) – 1 tsp
15. Red Chili Flakes (Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
16. Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
17. Yellow Food Color – 1/4 tsp
One carrot and raisins as per your choice
1. First of all we will prepare the dry spice mix. For this put all whole spices into a frying pan and dry roast for 1 min or till the aroma comes out.
5. Now we will make powder spices to the newly made spice mix. For this put chili powder, turmeric powder and yellow food colorto the spice mix. Mix these well.
6. Now add tomato paste to the pan and mix well.
8. Now just before the rice we will add chicken stock. You can put all 4 cups of stock or 2 cups of stock and 2 cups of water.
9. Add 2 cups of rice, preferably Basmati, to the water. Slightly stir the rice to mix with spices.
10. Now cover the pan for 10 minutes or till the water is dried.
11. After 10 minutes, we will put the pan steam.
12. Before steaming the rice, lets give it a special touch, we will garnish it with fried carrots and raisins.
13. Now cover it with a cloth and lid for 15 minutes.
14. After 15 minutes, remove the lid and cloth. And there you go. Done. A scrumptious meal for your next gathering. Why not give it a go?
Follow my this recipe and turn your next dinner into a feast with this Arabian style bukhari rice. Enjoy this With baked lamb and flavorful rice makes this the ultimate choice for any special occasion. Channel your inner chef, and cook up a storm for friends and family.
If want to see video of this special recipe, then here is a link from my YouTube channel:
Must try for everyone. Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: