210 607 total views
This traditional aloo pulao recipe is a light subcontinental dish made with diced potatoes and a blend of pulao spices.This recipe is an ideal lunch or quick meal especially for summers. My recipe does not require any additional curry or daal as it is a one-pot meal.
Interesting part is that it is very tasty and it suits great when served with a choice of raita, salad and Pakistani homemade pickle.
This aloo pulao recipe is a must try for every household. Because it is ready in no time, is light in eating and can be used with a variety of side dishes. Lets begin:
Preparation Time: 1 hour 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
Ingredients & Method for this Aloo Pulao Recipe
For Masala Preparation:
1. Basmati Rice – 2 cup
2. Water – 4 Glass
3. Potato (Aloo) – 1 big (cubed)
4. Tomato (Tamatar) – 1 (cubed)
5. Onion (Piyaz) – 1 large (sliced)
6. Garlic (Lahsan) – 3,4 cloves (graded)
7. Tez Pat (Bay Leaves) – 2
8. Cinnamon (Darchini) – 1 small piece
9. Green Cardamom (Sabz Ilaechi) – 3
10. Black Cardamom (Barhi Ilaechi) – 2
11. Cloves (Long) – 4
12. Black Pepper Whole (Kali Mirch) – 7,8
13. Cumin (Zeera) – 1 tsp
14. Salt (Namak) – 2 tsp
15. Paprika Powder (Kashmiri Lal Mirch) – 1 tsp
16. Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
17. Cumin (Zeera) – 1 tsp
18. Coriander (Dhania) – 1 tsp
19. Garam Masala – 1 tsp
20. Oil – 5 tbsp
Red chilies and fresh coriander for garnish
1. First of all, in a pot heat oil and saute whole spices till they are puff and you can smell the aroma.
2. Now, add sliced onions and fry till light golden in colour.
3. Add grated garlic and fry till light brown.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
5. Add all ground spices and fry for one min with a splash of water.
6. Add potatoes, mix well and put half glass of water. Cover the lid and cook for two mins so that the potatoes get a little tender.
7. Now add 4 glasses of water and cover.
8. Once water starts bubbling, add the soaked rice.
9. Now cover for 10 mins till the water is dried.
10. Now for steaming, place a tawa under the pot and cover the lid with a kitchen cloth. Place it on a pot steam for 10 mins on low fire.
11. After 10 mins remove the lid mix and your flavorful pulao is ready.
12. Garnish it with coriander leaves and red or green chilies.
Enjoy this best and light aloo pulao recipe in this summer
1. Aloo pulao can serve as an option for your kid’s lunch box.
2. This aloo pulao is gluten free, vegetarian and can be made vegan. Pack this aloo pulao in your kids lunch box with a side of yogurt, take it to potlucks, picnics, road trips, enjoy it during busy weeknights or in hot summer days.
If want to see video of the recipe, then here is the link:
Would love to hear comments from you. If you have any recipe related question? Or if you have any issue with your cooking? Then please contact me in the comments section below.
Please like & share on my videos. Subscribe to my channel (LifeWeLive by Salmarif) :
My recipes are also available on my website:
Follow me on:
You may also like to read: